<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

A New Series

Inspired by Cliff and the desire to remember more of the journey, I’ve decided to do a series of posts entitled: Ten Things that Drew me to Orthodoxy.

However, right now being finals time, I’m not really up to a big post at the moment. I hope all will understand. Instead I’ll list some of the things that didn’t quite make the final cut. Look for the first post next week.

10) Fasting before Eucharist. I’m not a breakfast person anyway.
9) Talk about seeker friendly, there’s enough smoke from the incense that I can smoke and pray.
8) Beards are coming back in, I just know it!
7) Instead of ONE Lenten fasting period, we fast for 2/3’s of the year.
6) I love Greek and middle-eastern food!
5) Chairs? We don’t need no stinking chairs!
4) Nobody ever commented on my PoMo blog.
3) Very counter cultural…instead worrying about eating too much during the holidays, I ponder anything I can possibly shove in mouth and still be “fasting”.
2) I have always longed for a faith that recommends the constant remembrance of death.
1) Drinking from the same cup is fun!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?