<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

War, what is it good for!?!

I don't want to get caught up here in too much debate, but Fr. Patrick H. Reardons' recent article in Touchstone was quite frustrating. In the article he laments that Orthodoxy may be kept at the fringes of American society and culture if it maintains a position of pacifism in the face of American "Patriotism". "In either case, a religion committed to a pacifist ethic could not be a central feature of American political and social life." Although I have not put my finger on what it is specifically that irritates me about this statement, something seems to be very skewed in this concern.

Something seems to be wrong with this picture. Read the article and let me know if something is wrong with my picture.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?