<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 15, 2004

“With your feet in the air and your head on the ground…”


Okay, so I’ve been posting knick-knacky sort of “hey looky what I found” kind of stuff the last couple of months. Let me apologize for that. Some time back, I realized this pattern, and tried to grasp motivation to write something more substantial (e.g. Ten Things That Drew Me to Orthodoxy). As of yet, this work is still stuck in some state of progress. So, why haven’t I been posting more serious or thoughtful things lately?

As I looked through my archives, I felt bad that I had not offered up anything more worth while for my kind and thoughtful readers. I read so many great blogs and glean so much from them. I watch the tracking of my site and see people stop by regularly, only to see posts like “Tacos”, or my recent dentistry. In addition to that I feel bad that I haven’t been more thoughtful, contemplative and open with myself. Really, the only thing I’ve been thoughtful about lately is the fact that I haven’t been able to be more thoughtful. As I commute to and from work, sit at my computer, stand at St. Barnabas praying, eat dinner with my family, I sit pondering just where my mind is. Here I sit tonight still pondering the fog I seem to be immersed in, and wonder if there is some quick and easy way out of this? Is there some simple prayer that can get me connected again to the rhythm and flow of my life? How did I get here to begin with? Well, if you’ve kept up with the math here, I have many questions and few answers. My point in all of this is simply, thanks for stopping by, say a prayer for me and hopefully I will have something for you soon.

*title taken from The Pixies

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?