<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Backpacking with Beniy



That's the Munkee, wandering out into a mountain lake that I have longed to wade into for the last 6 or 7 years. The lake sits up at more than 9000' and is appropriately titled Dry Lake. At last I have managed to sneak up on it while it still held plenty of cool water!

The mountain looming above me is San Gorgonio (St. Gorgonius) and at 11,499' is the tallest in Southern Califonia. As a major side note that I found rather interesting, St. Gorgonius' brother was St. Gregory of Nazianzen who happened to be close friends with St. Basil the Great! I had no idea that this beautiful mountain I spent so much time wandering around had such connection.

Holy St. Gorgonius Pray unto God for us!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?