<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Maybe We'll Move...Someday

I have a constant desire these days to move somewhere far away. Strangely enough I feel as though part of me already lives there. I want to live there, even if I only know 5 people there. If I knew zero people there, my desire would remain. Sara and I are happy where we are, content to the best I can tell. It is simply that I have lived here too long without seasons. 365 days of burning sunshine is so monotonous, I want an excuse to stay inside and read, or even just a reason to wear out my rain jacket so I don't feel guilty buying a newer model. This far away land is not only beautiful aesthetically, but somehow the people are different, the small businesses are clever and interesting not just dusty shabby mom and pop shops, and every strip mall isn't Togos, Baskin Robbins, Starbucks (they have that too), and a Red Robin.

Unfortunately, the above listed rant is the only reason I can conjure up and submit as an excuse for action. There is simply nothing else, school is here (for now); family is here (on both sides); friends are here; work is here; it is all painfully too reasonable to live here. Although we love our Church community, there is an amazing community where we would like to go. But everything else is here.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, and so I submit these thoughts for your perusal.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?