<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Book Meme

  1. Total Number of Books I've Owned:

Not nearly as many as most people who consider themselves readers, probably not as many as folks who don’t read. My best guess would be right around 2500.

  1. Last Book I Bought:

I just picked up Howard’s End, by E.M. Forster, haven’t yet cracked it yet as I’m trying to get through Fellowship before summer ends. I’m a slow reader of many books all at once.

3. Last Book I Read:

The last book I read was Woman Warrior, by Maxine Hong Kingston. This book caught me off guard and left me feeling as though I’d been pushed out of a moving car. The book documents a hard life in a hard culture. Good read.


4.
Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:


East of Eden, John Steinbeck

Tortilla Flat was a close second especially for Steinbeck’s ability to pack a full and wondrous story in to a book of less than 200 pages.

The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R Tolkien

These books drove deep into me as a person and forced me to think on deeper matters such as, honor, courage, and loyalty. Many books may change a person in little ways; this trilogy changed me in ways unimagined coming from fantasy.


The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis

These books are great on so many levels, children’s fantasy mingled with great theology.

Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card

The life a boy destined to save the world. This book was a laser blast to the chest, very engrossing right down to the last page.

The Ladder of Divine Ascent, John Climacus

Intensity in ten cities! Once is definitely not enough, this needs to be read again and again. The harsh and difficult lives of men many of whom have found rank amongst the angelic host.


5. People I Will Infect With This Meme:

Bryan-Peter, Sky, Beniy, Brett, Sara, James, Katie, Erica, Sean, Dawn, and Chance.


Comments:
testing new blogger commenting...

Testing...enetation was crap so i ditched it...1,2,3
 
Great list of books, I've not read Ender's Game, but it looks like my son would be intersted.
 
Mimi,

This book is so much fun and so intense at times i was amazed. And the second book Ender's Shadow is close to almost being better! Definitely a nice gift for your son. You could probably pick it up used for 1.50.
 
Ooo, great list of books! I'm going to look for Woman Warrior next time I go to the library.
 
The short-story version of Ender's Game is also good.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?