<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Myles Standish

This has to be one of my favorite names. To begin with it just feels good to say. Say it now, with pride and majesty, out loud, Myles Standish. See, it feels good to say the name. The name rolls right off your tongue and kind of hangs in the air for hours afterwards. But what i really value in this name is the images it evokes, and believe me I have no idea why, but it just does. The name calls to mind various and sundry items like, mustache, helmet, and freshly pressed pants. Lastly, in pondering Myles Standish I have to wonder why there is not a single band out there who has yet to choose this name to adorn there jackets. Seriously, I would buy every single album from a band named MYLES STANDISH. As they say, YMMV.

Comments:
It is a cool name. I'd have to hear their first release before I could commit to buying every album, though.
 
touche Dave.
 
similar thread but different spelling...
a friend just had a son whom they named Miles after St. Milos (Miles) who I am told was a 3rd century Bishop of Persia.
 
I don't tend to wear the jackets of any band, even my favorites, but agreed - it'd be a good band name!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?