<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Arrested for Christ

As many of my local friends know I listen to quite a few podcasts on a regular basis. I got into this habit accidentally by the providence of two occurrences. First, my brother received a gift certificate to an Apple store, bought an ipod shuffle and discovered he had little or no use for it and gave it to me. Second, good friends of ours moved to New York city and gave us their well loved car that had the stereo stolen from it twice. A+B=C

My commute to work is around 45 minutes in the morning and nearer to an hour at night. Needless to say I have almost two hours each day to fill. The podcasts I listen to during the drive range from local NPR affiliate shows to two guys in a basement with a computer and microphone. The content ranges from food, beer, and wine to religion and politics. Most of my favorites were instant love from the very first download.

However, yesterday I stopped by Ancient Faith Radio just to see what was new. I had downloaded one of Father Patrick Reardon's homilies some time back, but that was all. On this occasion, while browsing in the archives I noticed a show titled Arrested for Christ. This caught my eye and I immediately placed this in some third world missionary category, or if continental, at the very least Evangelicals telling homosexuals (evangelical-homosexual kind of has a ring to it) that they're going to burn.

They were neither of the aforementioned. That's all I'm going to say for now. Go and listen to this podcast. You can listen on your computer or your pod (MP3 player). When you get to the page scroll down and you'll see the title on the left. Let me know what you think.

Comments:
hahaha!!! Sky, i'm so glad you listened...isn't that insane!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?