<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dawn, this post is for you...



I've been listening to Sun Kil Moon recently thanks to our fare Beniy. Sun Kil Moon is essentially former Red House Painters...well, yeah former Red House Painter (He was the band) Mark Kozelek. I must say I was a bit hesitant to pick up this album. I have a lot of great memories from RHP and was nervous to find that it was essentially the same thing, or worse an attempt at genius gone wrong (if that makes any sense). Well, I have been pleasantly surprised to find that the music is great. Sometimes "slit your wrists" great, sometimes "dance around the living room with your wife with the curtains open so everybody sees" great. I guess it's a great bi-polar masterpiece, but it's beautiful and that's what makes it great...beauty. YMMV

Comments:
hi munkee!!

i've been listening to this album for quite awhile and it is simply beautifully haunting...you might like the Magnetic Fields, as well.

Good day to ya and philosophize away...Socrats!!
 
So THAT's where that album is...; )
 
Bwahahahaa. Now you know, Benjy. Maybe Dawn will bring it for our listening pleasure on our trip to Portland on Saturday.

The cover is particuarly beautiful.
 
Joel, Magnetic Fields i like.

I've also been listening to Sun Kil Moon's, Tiny Cities. The entire album is Modest Mouse covers...very worthwhile if you like MM.
 
I was wondering about Tiny Cities. good call. I'm going to pick that up.
 
MAN!!!

Tiny Cities is an excellent call. I love it. His voice is so good. I am convinced i need to see him live.

How's is the life?
 
MAN!!!

Tiny Cities is an excellent call. I love it. His voice is so good. I am convinced i need to see him live.

How's is the life?
 
hi starfighter-remember me ichecked out your website pretty cool i could not find many pics of your beautiful children. it was really some good reading.r u a priest or something?welliwillcome back take care and god bless
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?