<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

From the pen of St. Ephriam the Syrian, whose feast day is January 28.

Prayer for the Granting of All Virtues

Grant me, O Son of the Good One, that for which my mind yearns, and join to it that which is pleasing to Thy will.

Grant that I may choose to do good and in no way deviate from Thy will.

Do not permit me to be a wicked and hypocritical disciple who violates Thy commandments.

Protect me from thinking that I can walk along Thy path merely for the sake of appearance and thus by my hypocrisy deceive those who see me, inciting them to proclaim me blessed.

Grant that my heart might please Thy greatness in secret, and that my just life might glorify Thee publicly.

May truth be a mistress to guide Thy worshipper; may it preserve me in chastity both near and far.
Deliver me from the misfortune of knowing Thy law, yet lacking the desire to please Thee.

Props to Fr. Wayne for this.

Comments:
I am always awestruck by Saint Ephraim's writings. Thank you for this post.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?