<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Life Soundtrack…I Guess

Opening Credits: The Greatest, Cat Power

Waking Up: Rilkean Heart, Cocteau Twins

First Day At School: My Wandering Days are Over, Belle and Sebastien

Falling In Love: River Euphrates, The Pixies

Fight Song: Quien?, Juana Molina

Breaking Up: Gentle Moon, Sun Kil Moon

Prom: All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands, Sufjan Stevens

Life: Stain Glass Soul, Bill Mallonee

Career: Someday, The Strokes

Mental Breakdown: The End of Words, Dead Can Dance

Driving: (Vamos Intro), The Pixies

Flashback: Und von Stund an nahm sie der Jünger zu sich, St. John Passion, J.S. Bach

Getting back together: Out of Egypt Into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I Shake the Dust From My Sandals as I run, Sufjan Stevens

Wedding: Ministry of Archers, Joy Electric

Birth of Child: The Trooper, Iron Maiden (Yep, that’s definitely Sara)


Midlife Crisis: Prayer of St. Antiochus, Morning Prayers and Prayers Before Sleep, Holy Cross Hermitage

Final Battle: Never Go Back, Camper Van Beethoven

Death Scene: I Will Never Be Normal (After This), Bill Mallonee

Funeral Song: Drag, Grant Lee Buffalo

End Credits: Stairway to Heaven, Camper Van Beethoven

Comments:
I was wondering when you would post this.
I still listen to a lot of those bands. It's been years, though, since I've heard Joy Electric.
Your music brings back a lot of memories. Fun!
That Iron Maiden song works way too well. ( from the title, I admit, I have no idea what the song is actually about.)
 
I love this! I agree, so many long not-listenend to names on the list - Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Camper.

Very appropriate for birth, yes.
 
Death Scene: I Will Never Be Normal (After This)

the title alone is great.


so have you ever drove around in your car and a song comes on and you imagine that they are filming a scene to a movie and you are in it and the song is the soundtrack?


if you havent... you probably will now.
 
Uh, only all the time, Papa Herman.
Glad to know I am not the only one. Sometimes I am just out somewhere or doing something and I think, this really needs to be accompanied by music.
I need to value silence a little more, I think.
 
That's a hard post. I can't think of one song for myself.
 
oh oh oh so great! see you sunday!
 
Last weekend I had to take Maria home after seeing the Hellums. The week before we were talking to her parents about living situation...

UGH! This week I am going!
 
awesome!
 
I blogged. Your welcome.
Oh, and congratulations on news of another baby boy. How wonderful!
 
Update dude!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?