<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy...

It's my turn to share a Basil quote with my three readers. This morning as we were driving to pick up our car from the body shop; Basil sat in the back seat intently browsing his Peter Pan book for new insights into the his brave hero's life.
As he turned the pages he began to sing, slowly at first, "I've got the joy--joy..." He paused for a brief moment and then continued at a more even pace, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy--down in--my heart." Another brief pause, perhaps while he noted something in the Pan book. Meanwhile, Sara and I are both listening intently while pretending to as best we could to not notice, because we know something is building. He continues in an imagined antiphon, "What??' 'joy, joy down in my heart." Then suddenly Basil does his best impression of a cannon firing, "--My joy, joy fell out of my heart!"

Comments:
hehe Basil is so cool.
 
Make that FOUR readers!
 
Basil-isms!!! :)
 
little boys are great.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?