<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Twelve Things I Wish I'd Known as a Convert

1. Take a Long Time.
2. Catechumens are Expected to Learn.
3. After your Baptism/Chrismation, Add Regular Confession and Communion to Rule #2.
4. The Grass is Never Greener; or, Never Know Too Many Priests.
5. Don’t be a weirdo.
6. Worry About Yourself.
7. You Aren’t a Monk, You Aren’t a Priest, Don’t Plan on Being One.
8. No One has Screwed Your Life up More Than You: Listen to Others First.
9. Don’t Play House.
10. Don’t Look Back; Don’t Look Back in Anger.
11. Don’t Write or Speak About Your Conversion Publicly.
12. Whether Cradle or Convert, We Must All Convert Everyday.

Catechumen, New Convert, Old Convert, or Cradle--this is a fun read. Click the link above to read the complete text with commentary.

Comments:
Great post, Aaron. I loved it.
 
I loved the "You are not a monk"

Too many of us converts think we are, though we'd never admit as much.
 
This article is a good follow up piece to Frederica Mathewes-Green "First Visit to an Orthodox Church--Twelve Things I Wish I'd Known" article.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?