<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Restoring the Senses (click here)

Paradise raised me up as I perceived it,
it enriched me as I meditated upon it;

I forgot my poor estate,
for it made me drunk with its fragrance.

I became as no longer my old self,
for it renewed me with all its

varied nature. …

In its fair beauty I beheld
those who are far more beautiful than it,

and I reflected:
if Paradise be so glorious,

how much more glorious should Adam be,
who is in the image of its Planter,

and how much fairer the Cross,
upon which the Son of its Lord rode.

St. Ephrem, Hymns on Paradise, 6:4, 5

The current show on Speaking of Faith is mind blowing. It features Vigen Guroian, an Armenian Orthodox theologian, who does a tremendous job at explaining the role of the senses when applied to faith in general, and Orthodox Christianity in particular. The program left a huge smile on my face and a deep joy in my heart. The show is available for download, streaming, and podcast, and I must add has a production quality unsurpassed. I've already burned several copies to disc for friends and family.

While you're over there check out the archive for The Need for Creeds with Jaroslav Pelikan.

Feedback please!

Comments:
totally enjoyed this podcast. listened to it today while at work and mr. gurioan was so kind and gentle and beautiful in his manner and his words. i wanted to just lay in a garden and take a nap!
 
That's it Thomas, he has a very beautiful way of describing it all.
 
this is so excellent. thank you so much for this link!
 
this was an excellent point, btw.

"You'll probably never have the same Lent twice. It is different every single year. As you change, so Lent changes. So while the services remain the same, they never really are the same because you will be different."
 
I liked it. So, Great Blog Aaron. :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?