<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 11, 2007

Grad you ate shin...

So, today is the day. The long awaited, long expected, long longed for day of commencement. I must make a few admissions though. In light of what is usually an exciting time for many, these days are also a bit glum. I thoroughly enjoy school, I want to get the catalog and find all of my classes for the fall semester, meet new profs, get to know them, and learn something new, not withstanding their own teaching ability. Folks keep asking me, "Aren't you glad to be done??" No, not really. I love the realm of ideas, I feel a bit existential at this point in my life, and this realm allows me to pick through the rubble of civilizations hoping for a fuller understanding of what exactly I'm doing here. Also, graduating means I have to figure out a direction for my life, which means I need to pick a master's program. Any suggestions? I'm leaning toward philosophy (stop gagging).

Well friends, here I stand, at the corner of "here and nowhere". Lots still to figure out. Your prayers are appreciated. Maybe I just need to go backpacking.

Coming soon...I am a Shot of Espresso.

Comments:
Good for you, Aaron!! Congratulations. Having been by Evans' side when he went back and finished his degree I know how hard you have worked and I think he felt the same way when it was over..now what?.
We are still planning on graduate school although sometimes it seems like life is pulling us further and further from that goal.
Anyways, I pray you have direction in the coming months but also that you are able to fully celebrate and appreciate what you've already accomplished.
 
Congratulations, Aaron!
Our prayers are with you and your family as you begin a new path with a new person tagging along (soon)!
 
congrats!
 
Congratulations! I know how much work that was!

Whohoooo!
 
Huzzah!(3x)

I give you joy for you accomplishment.

Might I suggest the UW? Or Seattle U?

:)

Don't end up like me, where your degree allows you to do little more than pontificate all manner of nonsense on the internet.
 
Thank you everyone.

Annie, thanks for the encouraging words.

Sue, the prayers!

James, the great advice. ;)

Mimi and Thomas, the pat on the back.
 
félicitations!!
how exciting.
I love new paths.
 
You should read getting what you came for
http://www.amazon.com/Getting-What-You-Came-Students/dp/0374524777/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-2044312-8029664?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179292332&sr=8-1
It will save you a lot of money and bitterness when you discover you might have wasted a lot of time and money in Grad school

It is par excellent.
 
Thanks Mr. H, I ordered it this morning!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?