<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 29, 2007

Per chance to...Meme

RULES:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I am currently attempting to memorize the Gettysburg Address

2. I have a bad habit of pulling out eyelashes

3. I took Tae kwon do in 2nd and 3rd grade and could jump kick the highest out of my entire class that included junior high age kids.

4. I took Judo in 4th grade and felt really bad about throwing a man in his 70's

5. I sit out in my backyard every evening after the family is asleep and track the stars and planets while smoking my pipe, listening to my iPod, and playing chess on my cell phone.

6. I am a janitor and clean two offices once a week.

7. I go through phases of strong aversion to and a nearly passionate pursuit of the other particular styles of alcoholic beverage, sometimes beer, others wine, and whiskey too.

8. I used to talk, yell, scream, and even sit up and hold conversations in my sleep. In Junior High and High School my parents were appalled to here me dropping major f-bombs in some episodes. I still on occasion will sit up thinking I've heard a noise or seen a foul creature in the room, convinced of its reality, Sara has to coax me back down.

Tagged:
Frank
Annie
Erica (i'm sure she's already done this one)
Sean

Comments:
Contrary to popular belief I haven't done this one!
 
What prompted the desire to memorize the Gettysburg Address?
 
I pull out my eyelashes, too!
I only knew one of those things about you.
 
Ooooh, my grandfather used to smoke a pipe, I love that smell.
 
Papa, three things...about Lincoln's address at the cemetery/battlefield. First, it's undoubtedly very powerful in content. Second, i have a beard that I think Abe would be proud of. Third, it was available on libravox, so I put it on my iPod to listen to over and over.

Annie, I was actually a little embarrassed to list the eye lash thing, glad to know i'm not alone in my neurosis. Let me guess, you knew about #8?

Mimi, i love the smell, i love the taste, i just plain love tobacco products and lore. Bad for me, though it may be.
 
Number 5 sounds like a lovely way to end the evening.
 
In reference to your comment...I didn't remember but now that you mentioned it....(I thought I got away with no one I know seeing me when I worked there.)
I have worked as a janitor before too...only my title was much more sophisticated... :-)
 
" i love the smell, i love the taste, i just plain love tobacco products and lore. Bad for me, though it may be."


Me, too, but it does have a few risks (so does driving or living in a large city , and a bunch of other things I do ...) , however since we're going to imbibe let's be careful out there .

Have you come across these articles ? (I found these articles linked from Eric Melby's Pipe Page)

Pipe Smoking and Health: Risky Business or Casual Pleasure ? by Mark Beale, M.D.

Reducing the Risks of Pipe and Cigar Smoking by Henri P. Gaboriau , M.D.

Some good things to keep in mind as we puff away contentedly .

Oh, and I wonder if you've found the Pipe Smoker's Friend : Biotene ? Goodbye to occasional tongue bite and overall it leaves one's mouth and gums feeling fresh and rejuvenated .
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?