<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 25, 2007

Smoking with the Scrivener

A comment I left on D.I.D.'s extremely beautiful post, Irene:

Smoking, such a foolish habit. It's interesting to ponder all of the psychology and sociology surrounding this known killer.

Last night, at our reading group, there were twelve men present and only one was not partaking of the tobacconist's fare. Some smoking marlboro, american spirit, djarum, some smoking pipes. Nearly a 60/40 split.

I would say the pipe is the least likely to entangle in addiction, and the least likely to incite a carcinogen riot...but that's always what is being toyed with, isn't it?

I've personally known two folks who died of lung cancer (Memory eternal James and Devron). One hadn't smoked in 21 years, the other had never smoked.

Comments:
Oh, the irony of it all! I had managed to rid myself of this pernicious weed, until I started attending an Orthodox prayer and study group.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?